ITP 2013: Week 3
Once again we ask ITP participants to comment on their experiences at the end of their third week on the programme – this time, three most interesting events/talks/trips this week and three unanswered question.
Most interesting this week:
- Trip to the new Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth
- Seminar on Security and Risk Management – Thanks David!
- Conservation Methods/ Storage/ Scientific Research. Particularly laser cleaning technology and textile conservation.
- Pitt Rivers Museum in Cambridge
- Propaganda Exhibition at British Library
- Janet Vitmayer’s introduction to the Horniman Museum – looking forward to visiting the museum next week!
- Project weekend reports and presentations
- Talking to museum staff at project weekend museums!
- Ashmolean Museum in Oxford
- Maritime Museum in Liverpool
- An impromptu Dish Party at Schafer House, hosted by our ITP colleagues from Egypt, Sudan, Oman and Libya!
- Museum leadership – good and bad examples?
- Formal differences between parliament and government?
- A Human Remains sessions still due?
- Portsmouth city itself?
- Might the timetable of the programme be adjusted so that we are less rushed in the sessions?
- Would have liked to look at the inside of Oxford University
- Room for bags while we are at the Partner Museums?
- Could we have a collective cultural event in which everyone, say, presents some music from their country?
- How will we all keep in touch once the ITP is over?
- Can I actually get an honest answer to my questions?
Thanks to all of the participants for their comments and discussion.