ITP Fellows in Georgia
Claire Messenger, ITP Manager
A note of congratulations to Wesam Mohamed (Egypt, ITP 2015) working in the office of the Assistant Minister of Antiquities, which collaborates with all the museums of antiquities in Egypt; Levent Boz (Turkey, ITP 2011) specialist at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, General Directorate of Cultural Heritage and Museums; and Sayed Ahmed (Egypt, ITP 2016) curator at the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization – who have all been selected to attend the CIDOC 2017 conference in Tbilisi, Georgia. From the 25 – 30 September, CIDOC, the International Committee for Documentation of ICOM, will host a conference looking at Past, Present, and Future Issues in Documentation.
The event will look back at the evolution of documentation, use this information to analyse current practice and look into the future for innovative approaches and techniques. The aim will be for this insight to develop a deeper understanding of the importance of documentation.
Conference topics will include:
- How did museum documentation start in different places and how did it develop?
- Cultural heritage documentation as knowledge management
- Standards and their application in museum documentation
- Documentation in excavation work
- Working with multilingual tools to support museum work
- Enabling cross-border, cross-sectoral networking of museum documentation to support research, education and presentation
- Challenges of the 21st century – Inter-cultural dialogue supported by museum documentation
- Implementing best practices in museum documentation
You can find out more about themes, speakers and content of the conference here http://www.cidoc2017.com/432827308
Good luck to Wesam, Levent and Sayed. We hope you enjoy Georgia and the conference and will look forward to hearing more about your experiences and the discussion.