New offering: conference support grant 2019
Do you have a place at a conference but need help with funding? Read below!
In response to the recent increase in fellows seeking support to attend conferences the ITP is offering fellows financial support to attend and participate in conferences which will develop their professional skills in the museum and heritage sector. Over the last year the ITP has supported fellows from Egypt, India and Uganda to attend or speak at conferences in the UK and we would like to extend this offer to the entire network through an open application process.
Each fellow can apply for up to 60% of the costs incurred by attending a conference – up to a maximum of £800. A minimum of 40% of costs must come from another source. Costs may include conference fees, the visa application process, travel and accommodation.
Successful fellows will be able to demonstrate the relevance of attending a conference to their professional needs and development. The ITP team would also like to see how an applicant’s attendance draws on experiences from the ITP summer programme and / or legacy work.
This opportunity will be granted to fellows who have a proven track record (with the ITP, in their personal or professional lives) of good time management and to those who are organised and understand the importance of regular communication and report writing to the ITP team and funders.
Please only apply if you are comfortable arranging and booking your own accommodation and travel, researching the type of visa needed for your travel and filling in the application independently. This is a grant to support successful applicants financially, and while we always offer support and advice, on this occasion we cannot offer to manage your logistical arrangements. Please also ensure you have the permission of your institution/employer to attend the conference you are requesting financial support for.
If you would like to apply, read the expectations section below and check you are happy before proceeding with completing the form (via the link below) and returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The offer for 2019 will stay open as long as our funds are available. Once they are spent the offer will close until 2020.
Pre trip successful fellows will:
- email, at agreed stages, to update the ITP team on visa application deadlines and accommodation and travel bookings
- find out if the conference is in an ITP country and whether other ITP fellows are attending the conference. If yes, organise to meet with available members of the network.
At the conference successful fellows will:
- provide the ITP team with regular updates on days of travel and departure
- meet with other ITP fellows
- consider how you will share the information from the conference with the ITP network
Within 2 weeks of return from the conference, fellows will have emailed the ITP team with:
- a blog and images to share with the ITP network
Within 4 weeks of return from the conference fellows will have emailed the ITP team with
- a breakdown of expenditure and receipts for spent ITP funds (using an ITP template)
- reimbursement for any unexpected leftover ITP funds
- a report (using an ITP template) to demonstrate what you learnt and how you benefited from the conference, to be shared with the rest of the network through the ITP blog
- resources from the conference to share with the network
*templates will be provided to support the excepted modes of communication and reporting.