ITP Year: 2012
Ren Zhuo majored in Chinese History and is now working in Sichuan Museum as head curator. He was in charge of the Made in Britain exhibition in 2010. Ren Zhuo is very interested in curating exhibitions and international exchanging exhibitions. He is passionate about curating exhibitions which would introduce cultures from around the world to Chinese audiences.
Since the ITP Ren Zhuo has worked on the following exhibitions:
– Exhibition of Zhang Daqian Painting in The Taipei History Museum; 2013
– Exhibition of Sichuan Relief Brick of Han Dynasty, in the Macao General Administration; 2012
– Exhibition of Rao Zongyi Painting And Calligraphy 2014
– The Making of Art Cartier Collection in Sichuan Museum 2015
– The History And Culture of The Central Bohemian Region in Sichuan Museum 2015
– Elegant China White –Dehua Porcelain in Sichuan Museum 2015
– The treasures of Romania 2016
At the British Museum
During his time on the International Training Programme in 2012, Ren Zhuo was based in the Asia Department and his partner placement was spent at Glasgow Museums.
In 2012 an element of the programme was a series of presentations, in which groups of participants presented a 10-minute illustrated talk, prompted by the task to consider a new display at the British Museum. Ren Zhuo’s exhibition project proposal was entitled Balance It Out.