ITP 2013 – Past participant further training opportunity
We are pleased to announce that for summer 2013 we are able to offer a fully-funded placement for a past International Training Programme participant to join us again at the British Museum.
The aim of the placement will be for a past-participant to bring their invaluable experience of the Programme, of London and the BM partner museums to next year’s ITP.
We will offer you:-
- the opportunity to re-connect with colleagues at the British Museum and UK Partner Museums,
- invaluable experience of organising and delivering a training programme; the flexibility needed to adapt to participants needs and requests; working to immoveable deadlines; and communicating with colleagues from around the world.
- the opportunity to work with us so we can show, in principle and practice, how the programme is funded, the courses developed, the logistics arranged, the programme delivered, evaluated and finally, reported back to stakeholders.
You will agree to:-
- prepare and deliver a presentation on your experiences of the ITP and its role in your career and your institution’s development,
- to blog on a daily basis to create a diary of your role, experiences and achievements and be part of the increasing on-line presence of the ITP.
- to help evaluate the Programme both from a personal perspective and to feedback on comments from programme attendees and facilitators
- to write an entry for the ITP annual report.
- assist the ITP manager and assistant with administrative, logistical and practical tasks throughout the Programme, including occasional weekend and evening events
We would hope that the successful candidate would join us 10 days before the ITP starts on to assist in the preparation, and to stay for two weeks after the end of the programme to work on the evaluation and annual report.
As with the ITP, we will cover the cost of flights, your UK travel, accommodation, subsistence and any visa related expenses and will make all necessary arrangements for you.
- you will need to be available for the following dates, 29th July to 5th October 2013 (tbc).
- have the permission of your institution and immediate line-management.
- ensure that you are able to obtain a visa for this period .
- write 500 words on why you would like to take up this opportunity with the International Training Programme team, focussing on the following areas:-
What you can bring to the role. Please give details of any training courses or events you have organised before. What digital experience you have. How you will be able to use what you will learn on your return home and how this will benefit you and your institution.
Please submit your CV along with the statement no later than 18th January 2013 to email@example.com
Dates for the International Training Programme 2013
12th August to 21st September 2013 (Partnership UK placement dates, 11th – 20th September 2013)