Keeping connected! A call out for ITP blog posts.
Written by Claire Messenger, Manager, International Training Programme
The ITP blog site was set up in 2008 – following requests from our ITP fellows – to act as a forum for continued interaction between the participants, and staff from the British Museum and other participating museums. The aim was that our network would use this as a forum for sharing news of their projects, ideas and other information.
Now we have a new website – directly linked to the British Museum’s website and following it in both style and format – we hope that the ITP site will get additional views and feedback. This will make our blog posts even more visible, and it will be the ideal place to share our ITP news but also for our fellows to share their museum stories, details of their projects and programmes and updates on their research.
I would like to do a ‘call out’ to our fellows and UK and programme partners for your contributions to the blog site. While I love sharing news from the British Museum and the International Training Programme team, it would be lovely to hear from you, especially when sharing news and experiences feels even more important and valuable.
What could you share??? We would love to hear from you on any of the following:-
- Promote your institution!! Share the story of your museum or gallery and it’s collection.
- What is the news from your museum post the COVID-19 pandemic? What is your ‘new’ normal? How has re-opening been for you? How have things changed? Do you have any ‘tips and hints’ for colleagues across the sector?
- Do you have a new project or programme that you would like to share with the network?
- Has your institution opened a new exhibition or gallery space that you’d like to promote?
- Have you been working on a personal project that you would like to tell us about? A publication, an exhibition, freelance or consultancy work?
- Has your role changed? Do you have a new job? Have you moved to a new institution?
- Have you visited a museum, gallery, archaeological site or historic house that inspired you? Share it with us!! It would be lovely to know more about culture and heritage in your countries and regions – particularly when travel has been so challenging.
If you would like to submit an article for the blog it should be around 400 – 600 words and include some images.
And anything we post will also be shared on Facebook and Twitter to ensure maximum coverage throughout the network and the wider cultural community.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!!